1. Ceiling fans make your skin feel cooler, reducing the need for air conditioning. Turn them off when you leave the room to avoid wasting energy.
2. ENERGY STAR® certified LEDs use less energy than standard bulbs and provide the high-quality light you need to read a few pages before you go to sleep.
3. Don’t waste power lighting an empty room all day. Switching off the lights when you leave is simple and it doesn’t cost a thing.
4. Raise or lower the temperature of your home (depending on the season) at night to reduce cooling or heating costs. A programmable thermostat adds convenience and can help optimize savings.
5. Keep curtains and blinds closed all day during the summer to reduce solar heat gain. In winter, open them during the day to let in welcome solar heat and close them at night to reduce heat loss.
6. Phone chargers continue to draw power anytime they’re plugged in, even when they’re not charging anything.